The Great Grapes! Wine & Food Festival will be held on May 5th in Cary, NC at the Town of Cary’s Booth Amphitheatre. This event will showcase more than 200 wines from over 22 wineries as well as featured food pairings and tastings.
Everything you need to know about the event can be found below:
May 5, 2018
Town of Cary’s Booth Amphitheatre
11am – 6pm
VIP Admission 11am
Regular Admission Noon
Join us for our 15th Annual Celebration
Spring is Here and It is Wine Time! Join us for the largest and most fun casual NC wine festival in the Triangle with HUNDREDS of wines available from over 22 wineries. As you enter…..take your souvenir tasting glass and stroll from tent to tent and table to table, tasting and sampling the rich heritage of North Carolina vines. As you sip and savor the afternoon, relax in the beautiful green setting of the Town of Cary’s Booth Amphitheatre.
200+ Wines from 22+ Wineries
Great Live Music
Fun Festival Eats
Arts and Crafts and Gourmet Items
FREE Kids Area
Enjoy The “Cinco de Mayo” VIP Area.
The VIP Ticket option offers you early entrance into the event, a souvenir glass & bag and access to all the show tastings. Plus you have access to the VIP area which features specialty wine selections not available elsewhere, free water and soft drinks, and featured food tastings (served Noon – 3pm).
Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy the lawn. Bring the family, bring your friends and take a day to UNCORK THE FUN!
KIDS AND PARKING ARE FREE
VIP Admission: $49 Advance / $55 On-Site Valid 11am – 6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited wine samples, and souvenir bag. Early entry into the event. Access to the VIP Area with VIP wine selections, water and soft drinks, and featured food tastings (served Noon – 3pm).
Adult Admission: $33 Advance / $35 On-site Valid Noon – 6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited wine samples, and all performances
Designated Driver Ticket: $20 ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE! Includes admission into the event ONLY.
Kids – 12 and under are FREE!
*Advance ticket sales close Thursday 5/3/2017 at Midnight or sooner if tickets sell out before this date. Please no pets or weapons. Please Drink Responsibly. Click Ticket Terms & Conditions below for more information.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the email confirmation that you received when you placed your order and/or a photo ID.
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. YOU MUST PRINT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT! and a valid ID!
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
BOOK A DESIGNATED DRIVER WITH SAFE RIDE HOME -BOOK IN ADVANCE OR ONSITE AT THE SHOW!
Safe Ride Home offers Raleigh, NC and Triangle area residents a new and exciting transportation option after a night on the town. Our unique Designated Driver Service combines the convenience of a taxi with the comfort of the customer’s own vehicle. Safe Ride Home’s customers no longer have to sacrifice safety in order to get home with their vehicle. One call to the “No DUIs Guys” will guarantee that you won’t have to make a call from jail. Have fun, then give us your keys, we’ll DD tonight
PARKING: Thousands of FREE PARKING spaces!
HOTEL: MARRIOTT RESIDENCE INN- RALEIGH/CARY
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Accessibility. This event site is an accessible facility.
Can I leave my car overnight? You need to check with the lot you are parking in directly for their policy on overnight parking.
Buy a designated driver ticket or a friend to come with you, or have someone pick you up after the event! This is the key to any great day of drinking, so be sure to have a ride lined up.
Research where to park and how to get there in advance – it will make your arrival a lot easier.
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
12:00pm – The Sauce Boss
Take that 53 Telecaster, pump it through that old tweed Fender amp, add a bass rig, mix in some drums, all simmered down over some funky swamp blues, and smothered with gumbo, and you have a recipe for a very good time. It’s a Soul Shouting Picnic of Rock and Roll Brotherhood. There’s a lot of audience participation. Everybody is encouraged to sing, to dance, and to come and put the stir on the Gumbo. Since 1990, the Sauce Boss has been making gumbo during his musical performances all over the US, in Canada, and in Europe. The shows transform the audience into participants in community. Serving gumbo to the audience has become a message of sharing. Bill “Sauce Boss” Wharton has served way over 200,000 people for free, while smoking the slide guitar. At the end of each show, everyone gets a bowl.
2:00pm – Chicago ReWired
4:00pm – Trial By Fire
*schedule subject to change
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.