The Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ Festival will be held on May 12th, 2018 in Symphony Park at Southpark Mall in Charlotte, NC. The event with showcase all you can drink beer & bourbon tastings from breweries and distilleries across the country as well as bbq from award winning pitmasters.
Everything you need to know about this event can be found below:
May 12, 2018
Symphony Park at Southpark Mall
Saturday VIP Session – Noon – 6pm
Saturday Regular Session – 2pm – 6pm
Come and see why Charlotte keeps voting us their favorite and …
Join us at the festival for a great day of beer sippin’, bourbon tastin’, music listenin’ and barbeque eatin’. Your admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE sampling of beer and bourbon. Some of the best barbeque vendors are on-site if you get hungry all while enjoying seminars in the tasting theater and LIVE music all day.
What’s Cookin’ …
- Great VIP Session. This year’s VIP session is pork-a-licious. Your VIP ticket includes all of the General Admission highlights along with:
- A BBQ Plate Dinner
- Reduced Attendance For This session
- 2 Extra Hours of Fun
- On-Site Bacon Tastings with 10+ different styles for the first two hours
- Special Beer & Bourbon selections
- All Guests Receive a Souvenir Glass for Tastings.
- The first 200 Guests in line for EACH SESSION receive a FREE “COLLECTIBLE BBBQ” Bag to celebrate the show.
- Unlimited Beer and Bourbon Tastings as you stroll from table to table and tent to tent. There are 40 Bourbons and 60 Beers on Tap. Enjoy, but please drink responsibly.
- BBQ Galore! Enjoy the great barbeque selection – pulled pork from whole hogs, ribs, brisket, chickens, sausages and any fixins’ you could imagine. We’ll keep the portions heavy and the prices low. BBQ is ala carte.
- The Shrine of Swine! Enjoy Whole hogs all day from Official Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Pitmaster, Bill Eason. Check out his endless supply of awards shown below and worship the Pork Gods!
- Enjoy Seminars in the Tasting Theater with Master Distillers, Brewmasters, and Pit Masters From the Deep South
- Listen To Live Rock & Blues Music and great Bluegrass on The Main Stage
- Browse Cool Exhibits of Brewerania, Hot sauces, bbq accessories, and more. Choices, choices, choices…
VIP SATURDAY SESSION: $69 Advance Only / $77 On-site
Valid Saturday Noon – 6pm. In addition to the all of the features above, the VIP Session offers an exclusive tasting experience with TWO EXTRA HOURS of tastes, a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, bbq dinner with pulled pork and all the fixins, and all LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. These tickets are limited and will SELL OUT. Squeal like a pig!!!!!!!
REGULAR SATURDAY SESSION: $39 Advance /$45 On-site
Valid Saturday 2pm – 6pm Includes admission into the event, a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, and all live entertainment.
DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKET: $29 ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE!
Valid during any Saturday session. Includes admission into the event only.
KIDS 12 & UNDER ARE FREE.
This event is not designed for children. They are welcome but you will find very little of interest to them.
*Advance ticket sales close the Thursdaybefore the event or sooner if tickets sell out before this date. Please no pets or weapons. Please Drink Responsibly. Click Ticket Terms & Conditions below for more information
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: http://www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Beer & Bourbon Menus change from location to location so join us on multiple tour stops!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @BeerBourbonBBQ / @DrinkEatRelax – Don’t forget to use #beerbourbonbbq when posting!
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the email confirmation that you received when you placed your order and/or a photo ID.
- Will call is at the event entrance on the day of the event, you’ll see signs and tents. . . can’t miss it!
- Ask for half pours if you are unsure about a product – you can always go back for more.
- Sit in on at least one tasting theater seminar.
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Visit the main stage in time for the contests – be ready to laugh and cheer real loud. Contests typically begin around 3pm.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- Water is free and available at our rinsing stations. If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
- Expecting rain? Please be sure to bring a hand held sized umbrella. All of our events are rain or shine!
What NOT to bring:
- Please no large sized / beach umbrellas or tents
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
TRAVEL & PARKING:
South Park Mall, Symphony Park
5440 Carnegie Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28211
Hundreds of FREE PARKING spaces at the South Park Mall!
MAIN STAGE MUSIC SCHEDULE
Saturday, May 12th
Come meet & greet with the 2018 Ms. Woman North Carolina United States Tanya Topazio!
Tanya Topazio landed in North Carolina in 2005 via Connecticut, Los Angeles & Louisiana. She studied Television and Film Production at Emerson College in Boston, and proceeded to work in production in Los Angeles, New York and throughout New England. Tired of chasing the freelance gigs, she ended up teaching television production to high school students. After digging her car out of the snow one April day in 2005, she decided sunny skies were in order and settled on the beautiful shores of Lake Norman. She continues to teach at both the high school and college levels, owns a small business, is an actress, and has a hard time saying “no” to more. Let’s just say binging Netflix is now a luxury that seemingly only occurs each morning at the gym (thank you wifi!).
Surrounded by a tribe of boss babes, Tanya continually strives to be a better person. She believes that although a career is important, family, friends and community are what make life worth living. She is passionate about spreading awareness of Congenital Heart Defects, as CHDs have affected her brother, cousin and two nephews. Her platform, Heels for Hearts, promotes local and national foundations that support children living with complex congenital heart defects.
Tanya is excited to appear at this year’s Beer, Bourbon & Barbeque event in Charlotte. She may seem familiar to many of our repeat customers, as she has been the face of Jim Beam at this event for the past 10 years.
2pm – Trial by Fire
3:30pm – Main Stage – Drink Like A Lady Contest
Are you a lady? Do you like to drink? If so, join us at the Main Stage for your chance to take home some prizes in the Drink Like A Lady Contest. Our search for Tampa’s fastest, classiest, and most awesome lady drinker!
3:45pm – Main Stage – Charlotte’s Best Beer Belly Contest
Does your gut have what it takes to be named Charlotte’s Best Beer Belly? If so, then come on and compete! Candidates will be judged on the Main Stage on size and personality by the audience! Winner walks away with prizes!
1PM – Tasting Seminar with Bernie Lubbers
Join Bernie for an awesome tasting seminar of some of the great products from Heaven Hill Distillery. Don’t miss out on a few surprises too!
*subject to change.
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.