The Great Grapes Wine & Food Festival will be held on June 2nd, 2018 at Oregon Ridge Park in Hunt Valley, MD. This event will showcase 100+ Maryland wines 8+ Maryland wineries, 1 distillery, and 2 local breweries.
Everything you need to know about this event, can be found here:
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
Oregon Ridge Park
Hunt Valley, MD
1pm – 8pm
JOIN US – ONE DAY ONLY – NEW HOURS!
1pm – Advanced Ticket Purchasers Only – Gates Open
2pm – Gates / Box Office Opens
1pm – 6pm Wine Tastings
(Wine & Beer ala carte 6-7pm. All Sales End at 7pm)
This year is our 15th Anniversary and we’ve decided to spice things up a bit!
100+ Great Maryland Wines
8+ Maryland Wineries
1 Great Distillery
2 Local Breweries Serving Up Beer Ala Carte All Day!
NEW ONE DAY SHOW!
NEW SHOW HOURS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COOL EVENING SUN
Great Live Music
Fun Festival Eats
Arts and Crafts and Gourmet Items
Great FREE Kids Playground Area
Great Grapes! has grown to be Baltimore’s premier casual Maryland wine festival with HUNDREDS of wines available for tasting. Hundreds of thousands of guests have enjoyed the Festival as an escape from the urban jungle.
Take your souvenir tasting glass as you enter the festival and stroll from tent to tent and table to table tasting and sampling the rich heritage of Maryland vines. As you sip and savor the afternoon, relax in the beautiful setting of the Oregon Ridge Park.
Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the lawn. Bring the family, bring your friends and take a day to UNCORK THE FUN!
KIDS AND PARKING ARE FREE
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE:
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! THE FREE SHUTTLE TO OREGON RIDGE PARK WILL RUN FROM Noon-9PM (last bus leaves Oregon Ridge Park at 8:45pm). Take the LIGHT RAIL to the HUNT VALLEY MALL STOP, then jump on board the special Shuttle Bus To Oregon Ridge Park and we’ll have you enjoying some wine as soon as possible.
Tickets are first come, first serve and since we are only one day this year – we will likely SELL OUT, buy yours early!
Wine Tasting Adult Admission: $39 Advance (plus taxes & fees)
Valid 1pm – 8pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited wine samples from 1pm – 6pm, and all performances. Wine & Beer Ala Carte from 6-7pm!
Concert ONLY Admission: $29 Advance (plus taxes & fees)
Valid 1pm – 8pm. Includes admission into the event and all performances. Wine & Beer Ala Carte!
Kids – 12 and under are FREE
Spirit of Hope Childrens Foundation
A portion of your ticket admission price goes to a MD non-profit: The Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation. However, your ticket is not tax-deductible. Your total admission ticket includes the highlighted dollar amount plus admission taxes and fees, where applicable.
No Outside Alcohol, No Outside Glassware. Bags are subject to inspection onsite.
Advance ticket sales close the Thursday prior to the event at midnight or sooner if tickets sell out before this date. Please no pets or weapons. Please Drink Responsibly. Click Ticket Terms & Conditions below for more information.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. YOU MUST PRINT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT! and a valid ID!
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
Oregon Ridge Park
13401 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Oregon Ridge Park Parking Lot
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! TAKE THE LIGHTRAIL TO HUNT VALLEY STOP AND THEN TAKE THE FREE SHUTTLE TO OREGON RIDGE PARK. THE SHUTTLE WILL LEAVE EACH SPOT EVERY OTHER 15 MINUTES FROM Noon-9PM (last bus leaves Oregon Ridge Park at 8:45pm).
From Baltimore City/ Inner Harbor
Take Interstate 83 North to I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) TOWARDS TOWSON. Follow I-695 to exit 24- I 83 N. Travel on I-83 North . Take Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd West). At the first light make a left onto Beaver Dam Rd. Oregon Ridge Park is ½ mile on the right.
From Pennsylvania and Areas North (Via I-83)
Take Interstate 83 South to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd West). At the first light make a left onto Beaver Dam Rd. Oregon Ridge Park is ½ mile on the right.
From Frederick, West Virginia and Areas West (Via I-70)
Take Interstate 70 East to I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) Toward Towson (North). Follow I-695 to Exit 24- I-83 North. Travel on I-83 North to Exit 20-b Shawan Rd West. At the first light make a left onto Beaver Dam Rd. Oregon Ridge Park is ½ mile on the right.
From Washington, DC and Points South (Via I-95)
Take I- 95 North to I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) Towards Towson (West). Follow I-695 to Exit 24- I -83 North. Travel on I-83 North to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd West). At the first light make a left onto Beaver Dam Rd. Oregon Ridge Park is ½ mile on the right.
Thousands of FREE PARKING spaces available at Oregon Ridge Park
Skip the hassle of getting to and from Great Grapes Wine & Food Festival— Lyft, our official ridesharing partner, has your transportation covered. Download the app and get an affordable ride in minutes. New users, get $15 in ride credit with code GGWWF7
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Accessibility. This event site is an accessible facility.
- Can I leave my car overnight? You need to check with the lot you are parking in directly for their policy on overnight parking.
- Buy a designated driver ticket or a friend to come with you, or have someone pick you up after the event! This is the key to any great day of drinking, so be sure to have a ride lined up.
- Research where to park and how to get there in advance – it will make your arrival a lot easier. Visit our Directions page for more information
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
1:00pm – Grayson Moon
2:30pm – 8 Track Mind
4:30pm – The Dave Matthews Tribute Band
Hailing from Chattanooga, TN, the Dave Matthews Tribute Band is the only nationally touring tribute to the Dave Matthews Band. This 5-piece ensemble strives to pay homage to their famous counterparts by matching the excitement, energy, intensity and intimacy of a DMB live show.
“We have so much respect for DMB and what they’ve been able to accomplish,” says lead singer Ryan Clifford. “As fans, we love getting together with others to celebrate and give tribute to DMB and their music.”
Their name says it all: The Dave Matthews Tribute Band. Many go to their live shows with reservations, high expectations, and the burning question, “Do these guys sound like the real Dave Matthews Band?” Almost always the answer is, “Yes!”
6:45pm – Vertical Horizon
Founded in the early 1990s as a duo, Vertical Horizon released three albums independently (There and Back Again, Running on Ice, and Live Stages) and toured extensively. In 1999, Vertical Horizon signed with RCA and experienced meteoric success with Everything You Want, selling over two million copies. The title song captured the #1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 and Adult Top 40 charts, and went on to become the most played single of 2000. Having carved out a page in the annals of music history, the band also garnered further radio attention with “You’re a God” (#4 on Billboard’s Adult Chart) and “Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning),” which became a 2005 top 20 country hit for country star, Gary Allan.
As a follow-up, in 2003, the band released Go. Tracks such as “Inside” (a frequent concert opener), “I’m Still Here,” and “Forever” provided true commercial appeal, whereas the deeper tracks, like “When You Cry,” “Sunshine,” and “Echo” kept the band established as a formidable, no-nonsense rock entity. Unfortunately, music-industry mismanagement drove the band to seek a hiatus from “the business,” and they took time to reevaluate the creative process and distribution model. After some time away, Vertical Horizon emerged with the same conclusion their fans had: you can’t keep a good band down.
“As someone who battles a ‘glass is half empty’ outlook at times, I actually find myself in a very positive place right now,” says Scannell, and well he should be. Vertical Horizon is currently touring in support of Burning the Days. The high energy shows are filled with an assortment of their well-known and latest hits. The band plays off each other with an almost feverish dynamic energy, drawing the fans into a riveting musical experience at every show.
Vertical Horizon is what it always has been: a vibrant, growing musical entity. It’s not a reissue: it’s bigger, better, and reloaded. The band’s “wheel of change” continues to turn. Hold on to the wheel, and you’ll be dragged. Instead, let it roll—and enjoy the ride.
*schedule subject to change
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.