The Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival will be held on June 9th, 2018 in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Raceway Complex. This event will showcase 75+ international beers and wines, 15 restaurant tasting stations, and 2 tones of gourmet bacon. We had the opportunity to attend this event in Maryland and trust us, this is something you don’t want to miss!
Everything you need to know about this event, can be found here:
June 9, 2018
RICHMOND RACEWAY COMPLEX, RICHMOND, VA
VIP Session: Noon – 6pm
Regular Session: 2pm – 6pm
Join us at the festival for a great day of beer sippin’, bourbon tastin’, music listenin’ and barbeque eatin’. Your admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an ALL-YOU-CARE –TO-TASTE sampling of beer and bourbon. Some of the best barbeque vendors are on-site if you get hungry all while enjoying seminars in the tasting theater and LIVE music all day.
What’s At The Show …
- All Guests Receive a Souvenir Glass for Tastings.
- The first 200 Guests in line for EACH SESSION receive a FREE “COLLECTIBLE BBBQ” Bag to celebrate the show.
- Unlimited Beer and Bourbon Tastings as you stroll from table to table and tent to tent. There are 40 Bourbons and 60 Beers on Tap. Enjoy, but please drink responsibly.
- BBQ Galore! Enjoy the great barbeque selection – pulled pork from whole hogs, ribs, brisket, chickens, sausages and any fixins’ you could imagine. We’ll keep the portions heavy and the prices low. BBQ is ala carte
- NEW ENHANCED VIP WHOLE HOG SESSION! It’s pork-a-licious. We’re reducing the admission into the VIP Session and making it more exclusive. In addition the VIP ticket includes:
- A BBQ Dinner Plate
- Reduced Attendance For This Session
- 2 Extra Hours of Fun
- Special Beer & Bourbon Selections
- Special Whole Hog Tastings and more!
- The Shrine of Swine! Enjoy Whole hogs all day from Official Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Pitmaster, Bill Eason. Check out his endless supply of awards shown below and worship the Pork Gods!
- Enjoy Seminars in the Tasting Theater with Master Distillers, Brewmasters, and Pit Masters From the Deep South
- Listen To Live Rock & Blues Music and great Bluegrass on The Main Stage
- Browse Cool Exhibits of Brewerania, Hot sauces, bbq accessories, and more!
- Choices, choices, choices…
TICKETS ON SALE JANUARY 4, 2018 AT 10AM!
VIP WHOLE HOG SESSION: $59 Advance Only –
This will sell out! 2 / 4 PACKS AVIALABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME! Valid Saturday Noon – 6pm. In addition to the all of the features above, the VIP Session offers an exclusive tasting experience with TWO EXTRA HOURS of tastes,a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, bbq dinner plate and all LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. These tickets have been reduced by 20%, are limited and will SELL OUT. Squeal like a pig!!!!!!!
REGULAR SATURDAY SESSION: $45 On-Site / $39 Advance
Valid Saturday 2pm – 6pm. Includes admission into the event, a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, and all live entertainment.
DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKET: ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE!
Valid during any Saturday session. Includes admission into the event only.
KIDS 12 & UNDER ARE FREE.
This event is not designed for children.
They are welcome but you will find very little of interest to them.
*Advance ticket sales close Thursday prior to the event or sooner if tickets sell out before this date. Please no pets or weapons. Please Drink Responsibly. Click Ticket Terms & Conditions below for more information.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Beer & Bourbon Menus change from location to location so join us on multiple tour stops!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @BeerBourbonBBQ / @DrinkEatRelax – Don’t forget to use #beerbourbonbbq when posting!
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the email confirmation that you received when you placed your order and/or a photo ID.
- Will call is at the event entrance on the day of the event, you’ll see signs and tents. . . can’t miss it!
- Ask for half pours if you are unsure about a product – you can always go back for more.
- Sit in on at least one tasting theater seminar.
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Visit the main stage in time for the contests – be ready to laugh and cheer real loud. Contests typically begin around 3pm but check the Schedule page for specific times.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- Water is free and available at our rinsing stations. If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- Please no umbrellas or tents
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
TRAVEL & PARKING
Richmond Raceway Complex
600 E. Laburnum Avenue
Richmond, VA 23222
From the North:
Travel I-95 to Exit 82, take Chamberlayne Avenue (301), turn left at third traffic light onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
OR Travel I-95 to Exit 43 onto I-295 South. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B – Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.
From the South:
Travel I-95 to Exit 82 (DO NOT TAKE FAIRGROUND EXIT 76-A), at end of exit ramp turn right on Chamberlayne Avenue (301), at a second traffic light turn left onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
OR Travel I-95 to Exit 45 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B – Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.
From the West:
Travel I-64 east to Exit 186, turn left at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, follow Laburnum about 2 miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
OR Travel I-64 to Exit 177 onto I-295. Follow I-296 to Exit 38-B – Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.
From the East:
Travel I-64 west to Exit 195, turn right at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, about five miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
OR Travel I-64 West to Exit 200 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B – Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.
Thousands of FREE PARKING spaces available at the Richmond Raceway Complex!
Hotel: Make a weekend out of it! Book a room with our exclusive hotel sponsor.
NOON – Doors open for VIP Admission
1pm Tasting Theater – Join Pitmaster Bill Eason at the Shrine of Swine at 1pm 2:30 & 4pm
2pm – Doors open for Regular Admission
2pm Main Stage – Texas Chainsaw Horns
2pm Tasting Theater – Heavy Seas Brewery
Enjoy a tasting with Heavy Seas of Loose Cannon, TropiCannon, Double Cannon & AmeriCannon! You don’t want to miss this awesome seminar!
3pm Tasting Theater –
3pm – Main Stage – Drink Like A Lady Contest
Are you a lady? Do you like to drink? If so, join us at the Main Stage for your chance to take home some prizes in the Drink Like A Lady Contest. Our search for Tampa’s fastest, classiest, and most awesome lady drinker!
3:15pm – Main Stage – Best Beer Belly Contest
Does your gut have what it takes to be named the Best Beer Belly? If so, then come on and compete! Candidates will be judged on the Main Stage on size and personality by the audience! Winner walks away with prizes!
4pm – Tasting Theater
4pm Main Stage –
5:40 – Last call for alcohol
5:45 – Stop pouring alcohol
6:00 – Show ends!
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.