The Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ Festival will be held on June 15th, 2018 in National Harbor, MD at the Plateau. This event will showcase 75+ international beers and wines, 15 restaurant tasting stations, and 2 tones of gourmet bacon. We had the opportunity to attend this event in Maryland and trust us, this is something you don’t want to miss!
Everything you need to know about this event, can be found here:
June 15th & 16th, 2018
The Plateau at National Harbor, MD
Whole Hog Friday Night Pig Pickin’ Session – 6pm – 10pm
VIP Saturday Bacon Session – Noon – 6pm
Regular Saturday Session – 2pm – 6pm
Join us at the festival for a great day of beer sippin’, bourbon tastin’, music listenin’ and barbeque eatin’. Your admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE sampling of beer and bourbon. Some of the best barbeque vendors are on-site if you get hungry all while enjoying seminars in the tasting theater and LIVE music all day.
- All Guests Receive a Souvenir Glass for Tastings.
- Collectible Bags! The first 100 Guests in line for EACH SESSION receive a FREE “COLLECTIBLE BBBQ” Bag to celebrate the show
- Unlimited Beer and Bourbon Tastings as you stroll from table to table and tent to tent. There are 40 Bourbons and 60 Beers on Tap. Enjoy, but please drink responsibly.
- BBQ Galore! Enjoy the great barbeque selection – pulled pork from whole hogs, ribs, brisket, chickens, sausages and any fixins’ you could imagine. We’ll keep the portions heavy and the prices low.
- The Shrine of Swine! Enjoy Whole hogs all day from Official Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Pitmaster, Bill Eason. Check out his endless supply of awards shown below and worship the Pork Gods!
- The Always Fun and Famous VIP Section with more food and more tastes. We had NO IDEA that DC liked its BACON so much. We’ve cranked it up this year – all the way past ‘11’ on the dial (*watch Spinal Tap)!
- Enjoy Seminars in the Tasting Theater with Master Distillers, Brewmasters, and Pit Masters From the Deep South
- Listen To Live Rock & Blues Music and great Bluegrass on The Main Stage
- Browse Cool Exhibits of Brewerania, Hot sauces, bbq accessories, and more. Choices, choices, choices…
GRAND POOBAH 2-DAY ALL ACCESS PASS: $120 On-Site / $99 Advance.
Ticket is good for 1 person for 2 days – cannot be split. (plus taxes and fees) Valid Both Days (INCLUDES SAT VIP) – all hours of the show. Includes admission to the show, a souvenir tasting glass, lanyard, t-shirt and goodie bag. Unlimited beer and bourbon, bbq dinner on Friday night and all live entertainment.
WHOLE HOG FRIDAY NIGHT PIG PICKIN’ SESSION: $60 On-Site / $49 Advance.
(plus taxes and fees) Valid Friday 6pm-10pm.Include admission into the event on Friday, a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, bbq dinner with pulled pork and all the fixins, and all live entertainment.
VIP SATURDAY BACON & WHOLE HOG SESSION: $70 On-site / $59 Advance
(plus taxes and fees) Valid Saturday Noon – 6pm. VIP Bacon and Whole Hog Session offers an exclusive tasting experience in the VIP Area (VIP Area closes at 5pm). VIP area hosts 10+ Tasting Stations featuring gourmet bacons from all over the country and local restaurants serving up their favorite BACON DISHES from Noon – 2pm Only. Other benefits include the 2 extra hours of sampling. These tickets are limited and will SELL OUT. Squeal like a pig!!!!!!! This year’s VIP Participating Restaurants Include to date:*
REGULAR SATURDAY SESSION: $45 On-Site / $39 Advance (plus taxes and fees)
Valid Saturday 2pm – 6pm. Includes admission into the event, a souvenir tasting glass, unlimited beer and bourbon sampling, and all live entertainment.
FRIDAY DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKET: $39 ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE!
(plus taxes and fees) Valid for the Whole Hog Friday Night Pig Pickin’ Session 6pm – 10pm. Includes admission into the event and a bbq dinner platter.
SATURDAY DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKET: $29 ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE!
(plus taxes and fees) Valid during any Saturday session. Includes admission into the event only.
KIDS 12 & UNDER ARE FREE.
This event is not designed for children. They are welcome but you will find very little of interest to them.
A portion of your ticket admission price goes to a MD non-profit: The Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation. However, your ticket is not tax-deductible. Your total admission ticket includes the highlighted dollar amount plus admission taxes and fees, where applicable.
*Subject to change.
* Advanced Ticket Sales will close the Friday before the event at noon. Tickets will be avaiable onsite while supplies last. Please be advised a service fee may be incurred on credit card transactions the day of the event.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
FAQ National Harbor:
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Beer & Bourbon Menus change from location to location so join us on multiple tour stops!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @BeerBourbonBBQ / @DrinkEatRelax – Don’t forget to use #beerbourbonbbq when posting!
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the email confirmation that you received when you placed your order and/or a photo ID. Tickets MUST be printed out!
- Ask for half pours if you are unsure about a product – you can always go back for more.
- Sit in on at least one tasting theater seminar.
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Visit the main stage in time for the contests – be ready to laugh and cheer real loud. Contests typically begin around 3pm but check the Schedule page for specific times.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- Water is free and available at our rinsing stations. If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
- Expecting rain? Please be sure to bring a hand held sized umbrella. All of our events are rain or shine!
What to bring:
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- Please no umbrellas or tents
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
TRAVEL & PARKING
UNDER THE COVER OF THE GRAND TENTS
300 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
National Harbor Circulator:
National Harbor’s newest mode of transportation circulates between the area’s hot spots, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Hours of Operation: 11am – 4am
- Downtown National Harbor
- Tanger Outlets
- MGM National Harbor
Cost: $5 for an all-day pass. Cash, credit card, and pre-purchased vouchers accepted.
Metro Bus (NH2):
Take the Metro to the Huntington Station and hop on the NH2 for a quick trip to National Harbor.
Metro Bus runs from 5am – 1am 7 days a week. Service operates every 30 minutes.
From Ronald Reagan National Airport: Follow signs to George Washington Parkway South (to Alexandria). Take GW Pkwy South toward Alexandria. Veer Right at the sign to Slaters Lane. Take a Right at the traffic light onto Slaters Lane. Follow signs to US Route 1 South and merge onto US Route 1 South (N. Henry Street). Proceed on Henry Street through Old Town Alexandria. Follows signs to I-95 N (Maryland). Veer Right at signs toward I-95. Veer Left toward I-95 (Baltimore/Maryland signs) and merge onto I-95 N /I-495 E (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop). Cross Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A.
From Washington Dulles International Airport: Follow Airport Exit signs. Take VA-267 East toward and follow signs to I-495 South toward Richmond. Take I-495 S (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop) toward Richmond. Continue on Capital Beltway, but merge with I-495 E/ I-95 N toward Baltimore. Cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A
From Washington, DC: Take I-295 South for approximately 5 ½ miles. Take Exit 1B.
From Maryland: Merge onto I-495 S / I-95 S (Capital Beltway – Inner Loop) toward Richmond.
Take Exit 2A to National Harbor.
From Virginia: Merge onto I-495 E/ I-95 N (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop) toward Baltimore.
Cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A to National Harbor.
Alexandria – National Harbor Water Taxi:
Service provided daily between Alexandria in Virginia, the Gaylord National Hotel, and the National Harbor in Maryland.
- Adult- $16
- Children (2-11) -$10
- Adult- $8
- Children- $5
Taxi length- 20-25 minutes
Reserve your tickets in advance: http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/
Friday, June 15th
7:00pm – Black Falls Band
Saturday, June 16th
Noon – Bobby McKey’s Boombox
1:30pm – The 1974
3pm – The Contests
Stein Holding Contest
Drink Like A Lady Contest
Drink Like a Lady Contest
4pm – Liquid A
TASTING THEATER SCHEDULE*
Saturday, June 16th
*subject to change
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.