Perfect recipe for those trying to get that tone summer body or lose weight. This is very clean tasting dish with nice smokey flavor from the sausage. If you decide the sausage isn’t your style, you can use smoked bacon or grilled chicken.
- 6 sweet Italian sausages, skinned and sliced
- 1 bag of baby spinach, 150g
- 4-5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium sized Onion, sliced
- 1.5 cups of organic Penne
- 10-15 leaves of fresh basil, diced
- 2 tbsp. Marinated Roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 tbsp. Crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large non-stick frying pan heat 1 tbsp. Olive oil and stir fry the onions and bell pepper.
- After 4 mins, add the mushrooms and continue to stir fry.
- Once the mushrooms start to cook, take off heat and set aside in mixing bowl.
- Heat pan again and add Italian sausage, cooking on medium heat until browned. Approx 2 mins.
- Boil water on high, once boiling cook Penne then drain and set aside.
- Now add back to pan the stir fry mixture then add the spinach, approx 2 mins to start to collapse.
- Add the marinated roasted peppers (From jar) and cherry tomatoes, basil, salt & pepper for taste.
- After approx 2-3 mins, add pasta.
- Once mixed up, serve with crumbled feta.
Done. Great appetite!!