The 5th Annual Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival will be held on June 23rd, 2018 at Rash Field in Baltimore, MD.
Everything you need to know about the event can be found here:
June 23, 2018
Rash Field – Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
SESSION ONE: 11am – 3pm
SESSION TWO: 5pm – 9pm
This is the 5TH ANNUAL Maryland Tradition! The Festival is an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE extravaganza complete with over 30,000 crabs, lots of beer, arts & crafts, live music, family fun and so much more! Find out what over 30,000 people have come to enjoy.
Here’s what to expect with your ticket:
- LOTS OF SUMMERTIME FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
- ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Over 50 beers and wines and a few spirits. All of your favorite craft beers and some great wines will be served to highlight the summer afternoon on-hand.
- ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE CRABS. Enjoy all the crabs you can handle during the four hours of the show. Our crabs vary in size from medium to large and will be offered at 6 crabs at a time, per person.
- BEER MUGS. Beers are served in our mug so you can sit and enjoy the day.
- OTHER GREAT FOOD. There are Crabs and MORE CRABS and MORE CRABS and even MORE CRABS – but there will be other great food options as well available for purchase. There are no vegetarian options available. Unless outlined – all food is sold ala carte.
- ALA CARTE CRABS OPTION WILL BE SOLD 6 CRABS (1/2 dozen) AT A TIME PER PERSON FOR $35 (WHILE SUPPLIES LASTS)
- LIVE MUSIC. Enjoy fun summer sounds from area bands.
- THOUSANDS OF TABLES AND CHAIRS AND HUGE TENTS for crackin’ to your heart’s content. We’ve even ordered enough crab paper to stretch all the way across the Harbor and back.
ALL SHOW FEATURES are undercover – so Rain or Shine – you should be fine.
ALL CRABS ARE SEASONED
VIP CRAB & BEER TICKET:
Session 1 $89 Advance/ Session 2 $79 Advance / $95 On-Site (plus taxes & fees) This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE experience. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug and mallet, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. This includes ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips.* Ticket purchasers are GUARANTEED communal seating under a tent.
BEER & 6 CRAB TICKET:
$59 Advance / $65 On-Site (plus taxes & fees) This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE BEER experience PLUS 6 CRABS from our ALA-CARTE tents. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. Any food more than the included 6 crabs will be purchased ALA CARTE.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but some limited seating is available first come, first serve.
DESIGNATED DRIVER / CRAB ONLY TICKET :
$59 Advance (plus taxes & fees) This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE CRAB experience. Guests will enjoy ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but some limited seating is available first come, first serve.
BEER ONLY TICKET:
$39 Advance (plus taxes & fees) Valid for EITHER SESSION – quentities are limited. This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE BEER experience. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. Any food will be purchased ALA CARTE.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but some limited seating is available first come, first serve.
KID’S CRAB ONLY PACKAGE (AGES 4– 20):
$29 Advance (plus taxes & fees) This option offers guests ages 4 -20 an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE experience of Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips. (Ticket purchasers with VIP ticket holders will be GUARANTEED communal seating under a tent.)
KIDS 3 AND UNDER ARE FREE!
*Crabs are offered 6 at a time, per person. Other food items will be served one portion at a time.
*Advanced Ticket Sales will close the Friday before the event at noon. Tickets will be avaiable onsite while supplies last. Please be advised a service fee may be incurred on credit card transactions the day of the event.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
ID Pro DJ’s will be spinning during the Charm City Crab Run Post Race Party!
Session 1: Junk yard Saints
Session 2: Ronnie Dee and The Superstars
*subject to change.
- Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
- Heavy Seas Tropicannon
- Harpoon Camp Wannamango
- Harpoon UFO White
- Keegan Ales Bine Climber
- Keegan Ales Old Capital
- Keegan Ales Hurricaine Kitty
- Keegan Ales Mothers Milk
- Sugarlands Distilling Co Sweet Tea
- Sugarlands Distilling Co Mark Rogers Peach
- Sugarlands Distilling Co Lemonade
- Sugarlands Distilling Co Silver Cloud
- Soleil Mimosa Classic
- Soleil Mimosa Mango
- Soleil Mimosa Pineapple
- Soleil Mimosa Pomegranate
- Woodchuck Gumption
- Woodchuck Summer
- Magners Original
- Magners Pear
- Chloe Pinot Grigio
- Cupcake Moscato D’Asti
- Flip Flop Sangria Cans
- Trapiche Oak Cask Malbec
- Red Guitar Sangria
- Diamondback Brewing Citranova
- Diamondback Brewing Omar’s Oat Pale Ale
- Guinness Nitro IPA
- Guinness Blonde
- FATTI Bio-Perle
- FATTI Export
- FATTI Ritter Trunk
- FATTI Urtup-Hell
- Key Brewing Helles Lager
- Key Brewing California Commons
- Jailbreak Feed the Monkey
- Jailbreak B. Limey
- Monument City 51 Rye IPA
- Monument City Battle IPA
- Brewers Art Choptank’d
- Brewers Art Penguin Pils
- DuClaw Funk
- DuClaw Blood Orange Gypsy IPA
- Raven Dark Usher
- Raven Annabel Lee
- New Belgium Citradelic
- New Belgium Fat Tire
- Not Your Father’s Rootbeer
- Not Your Father’s Ginger Ale
- Svedka Orange
- Dekyuper Triple Sec
*subject to change.
All You Care To Taste: (Included in your Ticket):
- Corn on the Cob
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Chips
Additional Food Items Available For Purchase
(Purchased onsite at individual prices set by vendors)
610 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Rash Field – Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD
Directions to Rash Field, Baltimore Rash Field is conveniently located next to the Maryland Science Center at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore. Rash Field is accessible from I-95 and I-295 from the south, I-95 and I-83 from the north, and I-70 to the west. Light rail and MARC Trains stop at Camden Yards, only five blocks away from Rash Field
From the NORTH:
I-95 South to Baltimore. Once you pass through the Fort McHenry Toll Facility, go through the far right tube of the tunnel, and stay in right lane. Once you emerge from the tunnel, the Key Highway exit (#55) is immediately on the right. Take the exit and move to the right lane. Make a right at the traffic light onto Key Highway. Follow Key Highway to Rash Field, which will be on your right.
I-83 South into Baltimore until the expressway ends. Turn right onto Lombard Street and follow it to Light Street. Turn left onto Light Street. Stay to the left and follow Light Street to the traffic light at Key Highway. Bear left onto Key Highway (it’s not a straight-across intersection). Rash Field will be on your left immediately after the Maryland Science Center.
From the SOUTH:
I-95 North to Baltimore. Follow the sign to Downtown Baltimore. Take the exit to I-395. Follow the signs to the Inner Harbor downtown area. Turn right onto Conway Street. Follow Conway Street to Light Street. Turn right onto Light Street, move to the furthest left lane, and follow to the traffic light at Key Highway. Bear left onto Key Highway (it’s not a straight-across intersection). Rash Field will be on your left immediately after the Maryland Science Center.
I-295, the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, North to Baltimore. In Baltimore this route becomes Russell Street. Take Russell Street past the stadiums (on your right). Turn right onto Pratt Street after you pass Camden Yards. Turn right onto Light Street. Move to the furthest left lane and bear to the left at traffic light at Key Highway (it’s not a straight-across intersection). Rash Field will be on your left immediately after the Maryland Science Center.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: http://www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. YOU MUST PRINT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT! and a valid ID!
- Ask for half pours if you are unsure about a product – you can always go back for more.
- Sit in on at least one tasting theater seminar.
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Visit the main stage in time for the contests – be ready to laugh and cheer real loud. Contests typically begin around 3pm but check the Schedule page for specific times.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- Water is free and available at our rinsing stations. If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- Please no umbrellas or tents
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.