cbc.ca – A pregnant woman was served a cleaning agent in a cup rather than the latte she ordered from a McDonald’s in southern Alberta.
Sarah Douglas was taking her son to a baseball tournament on Sunday evening when she went through a drive-thru at the McDonald’s restaurant on University Drive W. in Lethbridge and ordered a latte.
As she drove onto Highway 3, she took a sip.
“I immediately had to put my hazard lights on and pull over and spit it out and rinse my mouth out with … water,” said Douglas, who is more than seven months pregnant with her third child.
“I opened up the lid of the coffee and out pours this pungent smell of chemical. It wasn’t a latte at all.”
She said the liquid was a watery-brownish colour.
She immediately drove back to the McDonald’s and asked to speak to a supervisor.
“I showed him the coffee and he had asked if I wanted a new one, and I said, ‘Absolutely not, this is unacceptable.’ I said I need to speak to someone higher up and he said he was the only supervisor on at the time, and he gave me his manager’s phone number.”
She said one of the workers told her two cleaning lines were still hooked up to the latte machine, even when she brought back her coffee.
“The supervisor went and got the bottle that was hooked up to it and brought it over to the counter, and I took a picture of it, so I knew what I was working with — what I had consumed so I could talk to 811 and poison control,” Douglas said.
Dan Brown, who owns this McDonald’s franchise on University Drive W. in Lethbridge, says the restaurant has apologized to Sarah Douglas.
Nahhhh bruh if I was her ima need WAY more than a apology…gonna need a lifetime supply of free coupons among other things, imagine what damage would have been done to her baby if she didn’t catch it! SMH