Canned and boxed wines are for ideal picnics and BBQs at parks, helping you to avoid glass containers. Canned wines are also trending this summer, offering quality options in convenient packaging.
- Underwood canned wines: Pinot Gris and Rosé
- Dark Horse canned wines: Rosé and Pinot Grigio
- Black Box wines: Rosé and individual-sized Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio
- Naked Grape Boxed wine: Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio
Sangria and punch recipes are great for those entertaining large groups, keeping you out of the kitchen and with your friends and family.
White Peach Sangria (makes 6-8 servings)
- 2 bottles Barefoot Moscato
- 2 c E&J Peach brandy
- 2 fresh peaches pitted and sliced
- ½ fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 8 oz fresh strawberries sliced
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- 6 c lemon-lime soda
- Combine first six ingredients in a large glass pitcher or infusion jar and chill overnight. Just before serving, add lemon-lime soda and stir gently.
Raspberry Punch (makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 c Chambord Liqueur
- 2 c Finlandia Vodka
- 3 c pineapple juice
- Combine first three ingredients into a pitcher with ice; stir carefully. Garnish with raspberries.
Backyard Lemonade (makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 c Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 3 c lemonade
- Lemon wedges
- Combine rum and lemonade in a pitcher. Serve in a glass filled with ice; garnish with a lemon wedge.
Just in Thyme (makes 6-8 servings)
- 8 oz Bluecoat American Dry Gin
- 16 oz San Pellegrino Pompelmo
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 oranges, peeled and quartered
- Combine gin and San Pellegrino into a pitcher; stir. Top with ice and serve. Add thyme and oranges to garnish.
Light and refreshing cocktails are the best options for enjoying all-day in summer temperatures.
- 2 oz Aperol
- 3 oz Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco
- 1 oz club soda
- Orange slice
- Pour first three ingredients into a glass filled with ice. Stir to mix. Garnish with orange slice.
- 4 oz Jam Jar Sweet White
- 2 oz Plantation Rum 5 Year Old
- ½ c diced watermelon
- ½ Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 each, cubed watermelon, mint leaf and lime wheel
- Puree diced watermelon in a blender. Muddle mint leaves and lime juice in the bottom of a tall glass. Fill with ice, add watermelon puree and remaining ingredients; stir gently. Garnish with remaining ingredients on a skewer.
- 1 oz Darnley’s View Gin
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 1 blood orange wheel
- Combine first three ingredients in a glass over ice; stir. Garnish with blood red orange.
Signature Gin & Tonic
- 1½ oz Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin
- Tonic water, chilled
- 1 wedge ruby red grapefruit
- Pour gin into a rocks glass filled with ice. Top with tonic water and garnish with grapefruit wedge.
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.