VIP Session: Noon – 6pm
Regular Session: 2pm – 6pm
M&T Bank Stadium Lots
ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE INTERNATIONAL, DOMESTIC, & LOCAL BEERS, WINES AND SCHNAPPS
All The Show Features Are Under Cover- so Rain or Shine- you are totally wunderbar! As you enter the show, you’ll receive a souvenir tasting glass for ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE sampling … Just drink responsibly. There is nothing worse than a professional person (dressed in a German outfit) slurring their words as they sing drinking songs!
ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE OVER 150 INTERNATIONAL, DOMESTIC AND LOCAL MARYLAND BEERS, DOMESTIC WINES and SCHNAPPS. All of your favorite craft beers and perfectly paired wines will be served to highlight the great Beer Hall theme.
OOMPAH BANDS and LIVE MUSIC ABOUND! Roll out the barrel! Authentic oompah and polka bands will keep you moving along with great live music from your favorite regional bands. Show us your best Chicken Dance moves.
GREAT FOOD. There will be several brat concessionaires who will be offering the best sausages and German food in Maryland! Enjoy all your favorites!! Food will be purchased ala carte.
FUN CONTESTS. Beef up your forearms for the Stein Holding Contest. Eat that extra bratwurst for the chance to win the Biggest Beer Belly Competition.
THE HOMEBREW CONTEST! No Entry Fee! 1st Place: $500, 2nd Place $250, 3rd Place $100! Winners announced on the Main Stage! Check this page for more details!
BEER GAMES ARENA & GREAT CONTESTS! Cornhole, Tricycle Races, Beer Stein Holding, The Best Beer Belly Competition, The Miss Oktoberfest Competition, Fingerhalkn! Prize $$ available for some contests!
BALTIMORE BEER WEEK OPENING TAP CELEBRATION!!!!! Join us during the VIP SESSION so you can kick off Baltimore Beer Week right! This exclusive tasting party will feature the Star Spangled Banger, Specialty Celebrity Guests and lots of your favorite Maryland Brewmasters.
VIP / BBW OPENING TAP CELEBRATION: $59 Advance / $68 On-site
(plus taxes & fees) Includes VIP Access 12-6pm. Baltimore Beer Week Opening Tap Celebration, Souvenir Tasting Glass for All You Care To Taste Beers, Wines & Spirits, Specialty VIP beer tastings, Assorted Food Tastings, VIP washrooms, 2 EXTRA HOURS of sampling, & all live entertainment.
Valid from Noon – 6pm on Sat ONLY. These tickets are limited.
Includes VIP Access 12-6pm
Baltimore Beer Week Opening Tap Celebration
Souvenir Tasting Glass
Specialty VIP beer tastings
Assorted Food Tastings
UNLIMITED ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE beer, wine and schnapps sampling
2 EXTRA HOURS of sampling, & all live entertainment.
SATURDAY REGULAR ADMISSION SESSION: $39 ADVANCE / $45 On-Site
(plus taxes & fees) Includes admission into the event from 2pm-6pm, Souvenir tasting glass, UNLIMITED ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE beer sampling, and all live entertainment
Access from 2pm-6pm
Includes admission into the event
Souvenir tasting glass
UNLIMITED ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE beer sampling
All live entertainment
VIP Designated Driver Tickets: $39 Available Onsite Only
(plus taxes & fees)
Access From Noon – 6pm
Access to Baltimore Beer Week Opening Tap Celebration
All live entertainment
Designated Driver Tickets: $25 Available Onsite Only
(plus taxes & fees)
Access from 2pm – 6pm
Includes admission into the event only.
Parking / Directions
M&T Bank Stadium
Lot H – Baltimore, MD
Parking available at nearby lots at the Stadium.
TAKE THE LIGHT RAIL! GET OFF AT THE HAMBURG STATION STOP.
Main Stage Music Schedule:
Noon – Oopmah Music from the Edleweiss Band
1:00 – Kelly Bell Band
1:45 – Oompah Music from the Eldeweiss Band
3:00 – Kelly Bell Band
4:30 – Liquid A
12:30 – Baltimore Beer Week Star Spangled Banger Opening Tap Celebration
Join The Baltimore Beer Week as they tap the first KEG of the week. Oh, The Rockets Red Glare and Beers Bursting In Air. No one wants to miss this annual extravaganza.
Masskrugstemmen Beer Stein Holding Contest
Masskrugstemmen is a Bavarian feat of strength and endurance where contestants hold a 1-liter stein of beer (which weighs about 5 pounds) out in front of them at shoulder level for as long as they can. No beer can be spilled, no elbows can be bent, and extended arms must be kept parallel to the ground. The winner is the person who can keep their stein aloft the longest.
Group Costume Contest
We will be giving away 3 Prizes. Best Group Costume – 2 or more people ($100), Best Guy Costume ($50) and Best Girl Costume ($50).
2:30 – Firkin’ Tappin’ Hapnin’
Join us at the Main Stage as we pop the top on a Cask Ale Firkin with the Oompah Girls, Hammers Flying Everywhere, Spigots flowing…really, what could go wrong!!?!?!?!?!?
2:40 – Homebrew Contest Winners Announcement
Join the Homebrew Contest and show our judges what you have!
Details to come!
3:45 – Best Beer Belly Contest
Who has the finest belly in the land? Have you been training all year? Do you have the GUT(S)??????? Bring it to the Stage and Test Your Mettle.
4:00 – Miss Oktoberfest Contest
Wear your best Dirndl and show us why you deserve to be crowned Miss Oktoberfest!
Finger Wrestling Fingerhalkn is an old Bavarian sport. It is a two person competition. A leather strap is put around each contestant’s middle finger, then the two pull with all their might. The person whose arm gets yanked across the line in the middle of the table loses. Settle your quarrels the way wave they do in the Alpine country – with middle fingers! Each contestant will need to have an assistant to catch them. Competition will continue until a champion is crowned – MAX heats is 4. (Grand Champion wins $100!)
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the PDF ticket that you received when you placed your order
- Valid ID is required.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
What to Bring
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to Bring
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No children. This is a 21 and over event.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Visit the buy tickets page on www.DrinkEatRelax.com
- Add tickets to your cart.
- View your cart.
- Click on the RED LOGO “TROOPID” in the left hand corner of the View Cart page.
- You will go to a new window to enter your military information.
- Once approved by TROOPID a discount will be applied to your cart automatically.
HomeBrew Competition No Entry Fee!
Winners Announced on the Main Stage at Das Best Oktoberfest, October 13th at M&T Bank Stadium!
1st Place: $500 // 2nd Place $250 // 3rd Place $100
1st, 2nd and 3rd places also being awarded $100 in merchandise from Maryland Homebrew!
- What kind of bottles are required? Every bottle must be 10 to 14 ounces in volume, brown or green glass, and be free of raised-glass or inked brand-name lettering and paper labels. Raised “No Deposit” or bottle manufacturing codes (e.g. p m 00 H 4328) are acceptable. Obliterate any lettering or graphics on the cap with a permanent black marker. Bottles with Grolsch-type swing tops are not allowed. Corked bottles meeting the above restrictions are acceptable; however, you must crimp a crown cap over the cork. Bottles not meeting these requirements will be disqualified.
- How many bottles do I need? Send three (3) bottles for EACH beer entry competing. Limit is TWO entries per brewer or household.
- What are the entry fees? There are no entry fees.
- When are the entry deadlines? Entries must be received at designated site by between Friday 9/14/18 and Friday 9/21/18.
- Which category do I enter? It is entirely your decision, however, your entry will not be disqualified if it falls outside of a category’s parameters– the descriptions are guidelines to help you enter your beer.
- Are there entry limitations?
- Your homebrew must not have been brewed at any place that brews beverages for any commercial purpose, whether for commercial research, production or any other purpose, including brew-on-premise establishments.
- You must give the names of all brewers who helped in the brewing.
How do I enter?
- For each entry, fill out an entry form in its entirety. For more than one entry, please make copies of the entry form.
- Fold and rubber band each entry form to each bottle. Your entry will be disqualified if you use glue or tape to secure the form to the bottle.
- Judging will take place prior to the main event on October 13, 2018 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, MD.
- All submissions must be hand-delivered or shipped to one of the following drop-off locations between the entry dates listed above.
Sites cannot acknowledge receipt of entries – arrange for a return receipt with your shipping company if you wish to confirm delivery of your package. Packages with postage due or C.O.D. charges will be returned to sender.
THE FINE PRINT:
This competition is open to all home brewers. Judges may not judge a category they have entered. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to complete all registration and recipe forms and designate the category and subcategory in which he/she wishes his/her entry to be judged. Under no circumstances will registrars, judges or directors categorize entries.
B. Awards and Prizes
- For the overall best brews, prizes are as follows; 1st Place: $500; 2nd Place $250; 3rd Place $100, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places also being awarded $100 in merchandise from Maryland Homebrew.
- You must be present at the awards ceremony on October 14, 2017 at 2:30pm at the Main Stage to win. At this time, the winners will be awarded with a trophy prize and their picture will be taken for the website. The monetary prize will be mailed to the recipient within 15 business days after the Das Best Oktoberfest.
- Homebrews will be judged by representatives of Brewtherville Labs Homebrew Club, Maryland Homebrew and Freestate Homebrew Guild. This is not a BCJP-judged event.
- Homebrews will be judged based upon Aroma, Appearance, Flavor, Mouthfeel and Overall Impression. As a “hedonistic-style” judging competition, limited feedback from judges will be offered.
- Judging of all beer entries will be done in a closed session.
- At the discretion of Brewtherville Labs Homebrew Club, Maryland Homebrew and/or Freestate Homebrewers Club Guild, entries will be disqualified for eligibility or entry requirement infractions.
E. Packing and Shipping Hints
- If shipping your entries, carefully place them in a sturdy box. Line the inside of your carton with a plastic trash bag. Partition and pack each bottle with adequate packaging material. Do not over pack! Write clearly: “Fragile. This Side Up.” on the package. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact entrants whose bottles have broken to make arrangements for sending replacement bottles. Please refrain from using packing “peanuts” if possible. Use bubble wrap or newspaper instead.
- It is not against any Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regulations or federal laws to ship your entries via a privately owned shipping company for analytical purposes. However, it is illegal to ship alcoholic beverages via the U.S. Postal Service. Private shipping companies may refuse your shipment if they are informed that the package contains glass or alcoholic beverages
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.