The Oyster & Beer Festival will be held on October 20th, 2018 at the Navy Yards in Washington D.C. Everything you need to know about the event can be found below.
Join Us For a Shucking Good Time and this 2nd Annual Affair! Seafood and More Seafood and Lots of Libations. We are very excited to bring the best of the bivalves to you (along with some MEAT!) Enjoy the world’s best SHUCKERS – shucking just for you, smell the FIRE under the grilled oysters, taste the BRINY flavor of the steamed seafood, watch the action while the symphony of tastes plays on right before your eyes. You’ll have food truck options, lots of games and great music on the main stage.
ALL GUESTS WILL ENJOY:
- Over 20 Live Shuckers shucking 1,000’s of All-You-Care-To-Taste Raw Oysters. Shucking stops at 3:30pm
- Over 20 different types of raw oysters being shucked and served
- Over 30 INTERNATIONAL and LOCAL Beers, Wines, and Spirits in an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE affair. Last call is at 3:45pm.
- A Souvenir Glass to take home
- All-You-Care-To-Taste Steamed & Roasted Oysters, Mussels, and Clams. Serving stops at 3:30pm
- All-You-Care-To-Taste samples from the New England Clambake & Charleston Seafood Boil. Serving stops at 3:30pm
- Great food ala carte from some of DC’s favorite Food Trucks
- Tasting from The Meat Department. Cleanse your palate of all the seafood and enjoy some great meat dishes! Food served 12-3pm
- Access to Restaurant tasting stations. Food served 12-3pm List coming soon!
- Great music on the Main Stage all afternoon
- and one very angry mermaid!
NEW FESTIVAL FEATURE! THE ALMOST FAMOUS BLOODY MARY BAR!
Featuring all your favorite toppings – build your own masterpiece!
MERMAID’S BOUNTY ADMISSION- 2 Packs Available for $99! $59
- Access from Noon – 4PM. Admission includes a souvenir glass with Over 30 All-You-Care-To-Taste Beers, Wines & Spirits. All-You-Care-To-Taste Oysters and other seafood dishes with access to restaurant tasting stations and The Meat Department, Great Music on the Main Stage and some surprises!
DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONSITE- $39
- Access to the show from Noon – 4PM. Admission includes All-You-Care-To-Taste Oysters and other seafood dishes , and Great Music on the Main Stage!
Tickets will be priced in a tier – the earlier you buy – the cheaper they are! Limited tickets will be available for purchase onsite. In the interest of everyone having the best possible time, there is a maximum capacity restriction that we must abide by. Should we reach that number with advance tickets or at some point during the event day – we WILL suspend the sale of tickets. We strongly encourage you to buy advance tickets online to ensure you are all set. Our goal is a fun, value-oriented experience that wows you and is worthy of your valuable weekend time.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING INFORMATION:
Parking lot at across from National Stadium
1st Street SE & N Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
Click HERE for personalized directions!
Take the Metro! Take the Green Line to the Navy Yard stop – We are across the street from Navy Yard Metro Station between 1st Street & new Jersey Ave SE.
Take the Bus! that stop near the festival: A9, P6, V7, V8 & V9
Also take The Circulator! Stops at M Street & New Jersey Ave SE.
Parking: There is some Street Parking available and Public Parking lots near the event location! Some paid, some free.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Must be 21 years of age to attend.
- Your tickets will be emailed to you, you should bring a printed copy of the PDF ticket that you received when you placed your order
- Valid ID is required.
- Oysters are served 3 at a time per person.
- Be sure to recycle your oyster shells while onsite – help the Oyster Recovery Partnership!
- Consuming Raw Seafood can be hazardous to your health.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
What to Bring
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No children. This is a 21 and over event.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Visit the buy tickets page on www.DrinkEatRelax.com
- Add tickets to your cart.
- View your cart.
- Click on the RED LOGO “TROOPID” in the left hand corner of the View Cart page.
- You will go to a new window to enter your military information.
- Once approved by TROOPID a discount will be applied to your cart automatically.
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.