The Great Grapes Wine & Food Festival will be held on September 8th, 2018 at Symphony Park, SouthPark Mall in Charlotte, NC. Everything you need to know about the event can be found below.
October 6, 2018
Symphony Park, SouthPark Mall
11am – 6pm
VIP Admission 11am
Regular Admission Noon
Join us for our 15th Annual Celebration
Great Grapes! is Charlotte’s premier casual wine tasting with HUNDREDS of wines available for tasting. Take your souvenir tasting glass as you enter the festival and stroll from tent to tent and table to table tasting and sampling the rich heritage of North Carolina vines. As you sip and savor the afternoon, relax in the beautiful setting of the Symphony Park at SouthPark Mall.
220+ Wines from 20+ Wineries
Great Live Music
Fun Festival Eats
Arts and Crafts and Gourmet Items
FREE Kids Play Area
Enjoy The VIP Area
The VIP Ticket option offers you early entrance into the event, a souvenir glass and access to all the show tastings and access to the VIP area which features specialty wine selections not available elsewhere and water and soft drinks (served Noon – 5pm).
Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the lawn. Bring the family, bring your friends and take a day to UNCORK THE FUN!
Wine Pickup Offered – Purchase your wines by the bottle or case and have them sent to Wine Pickup to be grabbed by your when your leaving the festival! Wine pickup is for 3+ bottles only!
KIDS AND PARKING ARE FREE
VIP Admission: $49 Advance / $55 Onsite .VIP $49 Advance Valid 11am – 6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass. Early entry into the event. Access to the VIP Area with VIP wine selections, and water and soft drinks (served Noon – 5pm)
Adult Admission: $33 Advance / $35 On-Site Adult $33 Advance Valid Noon – 6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited wine samples, and all performances
Designated Driver Ticket: $20 ONLY AVAILABLE ONSITE! Includes admission into the event ONLY.
Kids – 12 and under are FREE!
* Advanced Ticket Sales will close the Friday before the event at noon. Tickets will be avaiable onsite while supplies last. Please be advised a service fee may be incurred on credit card transactions the day of the event.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. YOU MUST PRINT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT! and a valid ID!
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
South Park Mall, Symphony Park
5440 Carnegie Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28211
PARKING: Hundreds of FREE PARKING spaces at the South Park Mall!
Need a hotel?
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Accessibility. This event site is an accessible facility.
- Can I leave my car overnight? You need to check with the lot you are parking in directly for their policy on overnight parking.
- Buy a designated driver ticket or a friend to come with you, or have someone pick you up after the event! This is the key to any great day of drinking, so be sure to have a ride lined up.
- Research where to park and how to get there in advance – it will make your arrival a lot easier. Visit our Directions page for more information
11:30am – Bull City Syndicate
2pm – Chicago Rewired
4pm – Part Time Blues Band
*subject to change
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.