- 1 lb Lump Crab meat
- 1/2 lb Claw Crab meat
- 1/4-1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1/2 c Mayo
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs Wegman’s honey dijon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbs Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbs dried or chopped parsley(optional)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Turn oven on low broil
- Combine and mix together all ingredients except the crab meat and bread crumbs in large bowl.
- Remove crab meat from cans and empty into a fine mesh strainer, as gently as possible press crab meat to release excess water.
- Dump crab meat into mixed wet ingredients.
- Carefully fold crab meat into wet mix.
- When completely integrated add bread crumbs slowly while folding into crab mix.
- Form rounded 4-6 oz cakes and arrange on greased cookie sheet. Should yield about 12-14
- Put oven on hi broil
- Place cookie sheet w crab cakes on lowest rack position
- Broil 10-15 mins
- Check intermittently between 10-15 mins and remove when you see desired brown coloring
This is a basic version of a classic crab cake. I dressed it up to my liking, but I try to stay as true to delicious flavor of the crab meat as possible and not dress it up too much. I don’t like adding onions or peppers or anything unnecessary to my mix. To me less is def more when it comes to this dish. It’s extremely easy to make and from start to finish it should not take you longer that an hr to execute.