Ardmore Initiative presents the 5th Anniversary of Cricket Cringle – a holiday pop-up, open-air market on Nov 30 and Dec 1, 2018. This two-day festival will transform Cricket Avenue at Lancaster into a holiday wonderland with white tents, decorations, live entertainment, restaurants, hot beverages, live wreathes and 40+ vendors. On Friday night, look for Santa Claus to arrive by fire truck. On Saturday, The Bercy will give away free hot cocoa and sponsor kids’ cookie decorating.
ARDMORE’S CRICKET CRINGLE BRINGS OUTDOOR POP-UP HOLIDAY MARKET TO THE MAIN LINE WITH SHOPPING, MUSIC, FOOD AND FAMILY FUN
Ardmore, PA – Ardmore Initiative will kick-off the holidays with the return of the 5th Annual Cricket Cringle on Friday November 30 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, and Saturday, December 1 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The Main Line’s festive open-air holiday market is a two-day pop-up festival that takes over Cricket Avenue at Lancaster, and features over 40 artists, makers, businesses and restaurants, plus complimentary tote bags, live music, performances, cookie decorating, Santa’s arrival, free hot cocoa, live greenery, decorations and tons of holiday cheer. This year, vendors will include a mix of Downtown businesses, local artists and makers, new and long-time restaurants, and popular food trucks. Bring Santa’s shopping list for everything from jewelry, housewares, clothing, greens, wreaths, toys and gifts for all ages. Food trucks and food vendors will feature seasonal food and drink menus, including holiday cocktails and seasonal craft beer. Cricket Cringle is free and open to the public. The event is rain or shine. Visit destinationardmore.com for the entertainment schedule and final list of vendors.
“It wouldn’t be the holiday season on the Main Line without the return of Ardmore’s Cricket Cringle open-air marketplace,” said Ardmore Initiative Executive Director Nancy Scarlato. “Discerning shoppers will find something for everyone on their shopping list, including art, jewelry, fashion, home decor, food, drinks, live wreathes, holiday greenery, flowers, toys, beauty products, stocking stuffers – and so much more! Plus, bring the entire family for Santa’s arrival on a firetruck, live performances on our stage, and family fun activities. Celebrate the holidays with us on the Main Street of the Main Line.”
Cricket Cringle is modeled after the famous Christmas villages found throughout Germany and Europe. Ardmore Initiative organizes the event along with help from volunteers and Downtown Ardmore businesses. The planning committee has spent months preparing and curating the list of vendors to ensure they are perfect for this year’s festivities. Scarlato added, “Thanks to all of our sponsors, especially our presenting sponsor Main Line Health, gold sponsor, PECO and all of the vendors and volunteers who make this event so great year after year!”
For 2018, browse the tents along Cricket Avenue and shop from the following list of merchants, with more to be announced in early December, including:
- 2 Disney Chicks – Travel
- American Trench – Menswear
- Arete Complete – Yoga mats, accessories
- Ardmore Initiative – Downtown Dollars
- C.J. Apparel and Gifts – Holiday décor, clothing
- Color Street – Bath and Body
- Hazel and Ash Organics – Specialty food gifts
- Jessica Libor Studio – Art prints, scarves
- Jhoi Broom – Decorative and functional brooms
- Junior League Thrift Shop – Women’s apparel, accessories
- Licha Diamonds – Jewelry
- LILA Fashion International – Women’s apparel
- Lily Lough Jewelry – Jewelry
- LulaRoe – Women’s apparel
- Main Line Candles – Candles
- Merion Boy Scouts – Wreaths and greens
- Minnie and Moon – Garden and home gifts
- Orange Gardenia Jewelry – Jewelry
- Philadelphia Skating Club and Human Society – Hot cocoa
- PYKNIC – Men and women’s apparel
- Revivialist Botanical Gin – Spirits
- Rosen & Co. – Candles
- Stacey Fay Designs – Jewelry
- Stella and Dot – Jewelry and apparel
- Wildflower Valley – Homegoods/jewelry
On top of shopping for everyone on Santa’s list, come hungry for tasty treats from the following food and drink vendors, including:
- Baby Blues BBQ – BBQ specialties
- Bonjour Creperie – Crepes
- Crème Brolee – Desserts
- Dump n’Roll – Dumplings
- El Tlaloc – Tacos, burritos, quesadillas
- Gotta Lotta Gelata – Desserts, including signature hot chocolate
- Iron Hill Brewery – Craft beer
- Jack McShea’s – home made pretzels and baked goods
- John Henry’s Pub – Food, assorted adult beverages
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – Food
- Race to Taste – Cheesesteaks, sausages, hotdogs, burgers
- Surf and Turf Truck – Lobster rolls, crab rolls, steak sandwiches, truffle fries
- Sweet Salvation Truffles – Specialty food gifts
- T&N Homemade – Meatball sandwiches, sausage and peppers
- The Cow and the Curd – Curds
- Tired Hands Brewing Co – Craft beer
While you savor, sip and shop the market, watch for free family fun for kids of all ages! Watch for a surprise appearance from Santa Claus on Friday night at 7:30pm as he arrives on top of a firetruck. On Friday night, enjoy the sounds of the season with live performances on stage from the Merion Mercy Handbell/Chorale and the Welsh Valley Middle School Chorale. On Saturday, look for performances by Songs for Seeds and Bethel AME Chorale Group. The Bercy will sponsor a cookie decorating station for the first 500 children, and Friends Central will host votive decorating. The first 500 attendees to Cricket Cringle will also receive reusable commemorative shopping totes as a special holiday gift from Downtown Ardmore.
Adding to the festivities, shoppers can enjoy free hot cocoa outside The Bercy (7 East Lancaster) while supplies last on the Saturday morning of the event. Inside, bring the family for a special Cricket Cringle holiday brunch with special meal trays perfect for the children. Across Lancaster, look for French inspired, fresh baked holiday baked goods, cakes, macrons and other sweet treats at Delice et Chocolat (9 East Lancaster). Bring a taste of Paris – and a touch of Ardmore – home to your family for their holiday table! On the other side of Cricket and Lancaster, make sure to stop by one of the region’s top independent children’s toy stores, pucciManuli (2 East Lancaster).
Cricket Cringle is free and open to the public. The event is held rain or shine. Cricket Cringle parking is free after 6pm on Friday, November 30 and all day Saturday, December 1, 2018 at meters and lots in downtown Ardmore. Ardmore is easily reached via Septa Regional Rail as well. Visitwww.DestinationArdmore.com for the latest Cricket Cringle event, entertainment, vendor and parking information.
For more information, vendor line-ups and a final schedule of entertainment, visit destinationardmore.com or call (610) 645-0540.
CREDIT: KORY AVERSA
Aversa PR & Events LLC
Mobile | 215-840-9216
Website | Aversapr (dot) com
Facebook | Aversa PR
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.