Great Beer Expo: Philly – June 1, 2019
VIP Session: 12:30pm-5:00pm | GA Session: 1:30pm-5:00pm
From the producer of the award-winning Philly Craft Beer Festival (selected as one of the “Top Ten Beer Festivals in America”), the 11th Annual GREAT BEER EXPO returns to The Navy Yard for what promises to be SUMMER’S BEST BEER FEST. This year’s event will include your local favorites, the-most-talked-about newcomers, and an impressive collection of unique beers and special collaborations. It’s a great way to kick-off Philly Beer Week. The event will raise funds for the Committee to Benefit the Children (CBC), a local Philadelphia charity. This is a 21+ event.
Tickets On Sale Now!
12:30pm – 5:00pm
Online: $75 (In advance only)
Designated Driver: $12
GENERAL ADMISSION SESSION:
1:30pm – 5:00pm
In Advance: $50
Event day: $60 (if still available)
Designated Driver: $12
Tickets are available for $12. A DD ticket holder will get a bottle of water. Designated drivers do NOT receive a wristband or a tasting glass and are NOT permitted to sample any beer. Any designated driver seen drinking will be removed from the festival immediately. Designated drivers must be 21+ and present valid photo ID for entry.
Everyone who purchases a ticket will get in. No tickets will be sold once the event sells out. We have limited the number of attendees to insure that everyone that purchases a ticket will be able to sample the beers they want and move around with ease. The event will take place rain or shine.
All Attendees must show valid photo I.D at the door to be admitted. You must be 21 or older to attend this event. No Exceptions! No children, toddlers, infants, strollers, or pets are permitted. All ticket purchases are final sale, no refunds or exchanges.
Proper identification is the responsibility of the attendee. Failure to present proper, valid photo identification (driver’s license or passport) will result in denial of entry with no refund offered.
For customer service help with your on-line ticket purchasing, please visit eventbrite.com/support/contact-us
Tickets purchased from an unauthorized source may be lost, stolen, counterfeit or in violation of resale policies and if so, are VOID, and you will be denied entry. We strongly discourage you from purchasing tickets from an unauthorized source. Tickets purchased from sources other than this website may not be valid and may result in attendee being refused admission to the event. Purchasing a ticket from an unauthorized seller is not advised. The event producers are not responsible for honoring invalid tickets nor issuing any refunds for invalid tickets.
Smile for the camera!
Look for our event photographer at the event and strike a pose. Check back here, at this website, and on the event’s Facebook page after the event to see if you are included in the event photo album. Some photos of attendees may be used for promotional purposes; as a ticketholder of the event, you grant us permission to do so and for your likeness to be used.
WHEN IS THE EVENT?
- June 1, 2019
WHAT TIME IS THE EVENT?
- VIP Session: 12:30pm – 5:00pm
- General Admission: 1:30pm – 5:00pm
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT?
HOW CAN I REACH EVENTBRITE CUSTOMER SERVICE?
- If you purchased your tickets on the event website and are in need of customer service regarding your ticket purchase, please visit eventbrite.com/support/contact-us for assistance.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT TO GET INTO THE SHOW?
- No one under the age of 21 will be allowed entrance in the festival! This includes designated drivers who must also be at least 21 years of age. NO children, toddlers, infants, strollers, or pets are permitted. No one will be admitted without a valid photo ID (no exceptions). Proper identification is the responsibility of the attendee. Failure to present proper, valid photo identification (driver’s license or passport) will result in denial of entry with no refund offered.
WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL LOCATED?
- The Marine Parade Grounds at The Navy Yard, 4747 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19112 Click here for directions
IS THE EVENT INDOORS OR OUTDOORS?
- The event will be held outdoors on the Marine Parade Grounds at the Navy Yard under tents. The event will take place rain or shine. All tickets sales are final. No refunds will be given.
WHAT DOES VIP ADMISSION INCLUDE?
- Your VIP paid admission includes a souvenir glass taster marked with a 2 oz. pour line, unlimited beer sampling, an additional preview hour, samples of special VIP-only beers, VIP-only bathrooms and more!
- Click here to see all of the perks that come with being a VIP!
WILL FOOD BE AVAILABLE?
- Food trucks will be on site at the festival. Food does not come with the price of admission.
HOW DOES THE DESIGNATED DRIVER TICKET WORK?
- A designated driver ticket is available for $10. Designated drivers do NOT receive a tasting glass. They are able to enjoy all the activities of the expo except they are not allowed to drink any beer. Any designated driver who is seen drinking will be escorted out immediately.
IF I BUY ONE TICKET, CAN I GO TO BOTH SESSIONS?
- A ticket can only be used for the session you selected when you purchased your ticket.
IS THERE A FEE TO PAY FOR PARKING?
- Parking is free!
ARE CHILDREN OR PETS PERMITTED TO ATTEND?
- For your own safety, NO children, toddlers, infants, strollers or pets, other than service dogs, are permitted. If turned away, the admission ticket for the caregiver will not be refunded.
IS SMOKING PERMITTED AT THE VENUE?
- Smoking will not be permitted inside the venue. There is a designated smoking area outside the venue.
IS THE EVENT WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
IS THERE AN ATM ON SITE?
- Not within the footprint of the event, but there are ATMs within The Navy Yard for your convenience.
ARE PHOTOS TAKEN AT THIS EVENT?
- Yes, look out for our event photographer at the event and strike a pose. Check back here, at the event website, and/or on the event’s Facebook page for photos after the event to see if you are included in the event photo album. Some photos of attendees may be used for promotional purposes; as a ticketholder of the event, you grant us permission to do so and for your likeness to be used.
WHAT ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED?
- Starfish Junction Productions is dedicated to the safety and security of ALL attendees, exhibitors, staffers, and guests. Please use common sense and remember that what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else. All attendees must adhere to show rules, are subject to search upon entering the event, and are prohibited from bringing in the following items:
- outside alcohol, glass bottles, cans, outside food/beverages, metal water bottles
- weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.), illegal drugs, chemicals, fireworks, smoke bombs
- unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes or vape pens) is prohibited in the venue/under tents. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Infants/Children/Strollers…No one under 21 will be admitted. Valid photo ID is required for entry.
- No pets are permitted at the event (unless they are service animals with accredited tags/paperwork)
- Event management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case by case basis. Depending on the item, the guest may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of the item, or may be ejected from the facility.
Directions, Parking & Free Shuttle Service
The Great Beer Expo Philly is located at 4747 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19112). It is recommended that you arrive via public transportation. If you do drive, there is parking in The Navy Yard with a shuttle to the event. Follow the map above to the correct parking lot.
Complimentary bus shuttle service will be available to festival attendees from the Broad & Pattison SEPTA station to The Navy Yard. Shuttles from Broad & Pattison will begin at 11:00 AM and run continuously through the day.
At The Expo
Check back to see all of the great things we’ve got planned!
Throw the Hatchet and Hit the Bull’s-Eye!
Experience the thrill of launching an axe at a wooden target and hitting the bull’s-eye! Totally unique and utterly exhilarating, the trained professionals from Throw House will coach you on how to safely handle and throw a hatchet with accuracy, while giving you tips on how to capture the coveted bull’s-eye! Additional fees apply.
Look through the prop box, pick your favorites, and say CHEESE! Go solo or with a group, photos are a great way to remember the fun time you had at the festival…So head into the booth for a laugh-out-loud photo session. You can even send the photos right to your email! Free and fun for all attendees! SMILE!
Play Backyard Games
Who doesn’t love giant jenga and playing cornhole? Challenge your friends to a game and see who has the mad balance skills to excel and jenga or the precision to score some points at the most popular backyard game of them all, cornhole.
Pick Up Some Event Merch
If you love beer (or know someone who does), you’ll want the check out the offerings at the official event merch tent. There you’ll be able to pick up an official event tee or sweatshirt for yourself. There’s a great assortment of items for men and women!
OFFICIAL HOTEL OF THE PHILLY CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL
Just a few steps away from the event…
COURTYARD PHILADELPHIA SOUTH AT THE NAVY YARD
1001 Intrepid Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19112
- 21+ Only. Must show valid photo I.D. for admission. Proper identification is the responsibility of the attendee. Failure to present proper, valid photo identification (driver’s license or passport) will result in denial of entry with no refund offered.
- Don’t drink and drive! Take mass transit or designate a driver.
- Promotional photos and video will be taken at the event and you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- Drink responsibly, Know your limits!
- This is a sampling event, 2oz. pours only!
- All attendees must be properly attired.
- We reserve the right to check all bags
- No pets or children allowed.
- No outside glassware or food permitted.
- You get one souvenir glass for this event. Replacements $5.00 ea.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to remove any individual(s) from the festival for behaving inappropriately. You will be escorted out by security and not allowed back in!
- All exits are final. No alcohol permitted outside the event.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.