December 14th, 2019
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
OAKS, PA—November 13, 2019. The 9th Annual Valley Forge Beer & Cider Festival returns to the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA to spread some pre-holiday cheer on Saturday, December 14, 2019. The event, recently selected as one of the Top Beer Festivals Coming to Philly by VisitPhilly.com, will feature an incredible variety of beers and ciders from throughout the state, across the country, and around the globe. Tickets are on sale now. Back by popular demand, the holiday-themed festival will once again host an Ugly Sweater Pageant where individual attendees or groups can compete for valuable prizes. A sell-out is expected. Info and tickets at www.ValleyForgeBeerFest.com
More than 50 breweries and select cideries will be filling the Expo Center, serving up samples of their signature best-sellers and seasonal creations—more than 150 beers and ciders in all. Special timed-releases which offer festival attendees an opportunity to try rare and limited-edition beers are planned. Based on the success of last year’s event, some of the best food trucks from the Philadelphia area will be onsite vending a variety of food options—tasty treats that pair perfectly with beer and cider.
Ticket options: VIP and General Admission. The VIP ticket affords attendees advantages not available to the General Admission ticket buyers, including: line-jumper express ticket processing lane, access to a VIP-only lounge area with special beers poured in the VIP area only, a souvenir Belgian-style glass taster, gated seating area, a free flight coupon redeemable at Workhorse Brewing Co. in King of Prussia, and of course unlimited beer and cider sampling. General Admission ticket buyers get unlimited beer and cider sampling and a souvenir tasting cup.
The event will help raise funds for the CBC (Committee to Benefit the Children), a local charity that provides resources for treatment, care and family support to benefit area children with cancer, leukemia and serious blood disorders. The CBC will be conducting a toiletry drive for local families in their network. Attendees are encouraged to bring a donation for their neighbors in need.
The Valley Forge Beer & Cider Festival (www.ValleyForgeBeerFest.com) will have two sessions: 12:30-4:00pm and 5:30-9:00pm. A limited number of tickets will be sold. Once the event sells out, no additional tickets will be available for purchase. A sell-out is expected. Advance purchase is strongly recommended for guaranteed admission. Tickets are $55 (VIP) or $45 (GA) when purchased in advance at the event website www.ValleyForgeBeerFest.com. Designated driver tickets are $10 each. No one under 21, including designated drivers, will be admitted and all attendees must show valid photo ID for entry.
The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center is located at 100 Station Avenue, Oaks, PA, 19456. The event takes place in Hall C. The Expo Center offers free on-site parking. The event is produced by Starfish Junction and sponsored in part by Philly Beer Events and Hard Cider News.
This thirst-quenching pay-one-price tasting experience, called “a not-to-be-missed event for fans of real beer” by Drink Philly, will be fun-filled day for all—the beer lover and the cider drinker. The event will break all records of years past with over 150 beers and ciders for sampling. Shoulder to shoulder with the most popular local breweries and cideries will be amazing producers from across the country and around the world. Check back often, the list will be updated frequently. The Expo Center is easy to get to and offers ample free on-site parking. A sell-out is expected, so get your tickets early. For the 9th year in a row, we are proud to partner with the local Committee To Benefit the Children (CBC) and support them in their efforts to improve the quality of life for children and families who face cancer, leukemia and serious blood disorders.
What You Get:
Session 1: 12:30PM – 4:00PM
Session 2: 5:30PM – 9:00PM
- Beer & cider sampling
- 5 oz. souvenir belgian tasting glass
- VIP beers (available only to VIPs)
- Tasting Glass Engraving. Bring your glass to the Pentzworks booth and get the year engraved on your glass free!
- FREE FLIGHT COUPON for use at the Workhorse Brewing Co. tasting room
- VIP express festival entrance lane
- VIP seating area
- Free parking
- Limited VIP tickets available. Get Your Tickets Early!
$55 (online in advance)
$65 (event day price)
Session 1: 12:30PM – 4:00PM
Session 2: 5:30PM – 9:00PM
- Beer & cider sampling
- 5 oz. tasting cup
- Free parking
$45 (online in advance)
$55 (event day price)
Designated Driver tickets are available for $10. A DD ticket holder will get a bottle of water. Designated drivers do NOT receive a tasting glass and are NOT permitted to sample any beer or cider. Any designated driver seen drinking will be removed from the festival immediately. Designated drivers must be 21+ and present valid photo ID for entry.
Food is not included in the ticket price, but will be available for purchase during each session from some of the area’s best food trucks. A limited number of tickets are available for each session. When the event sells out, NO additional tickets will be sold online or at the door. Everyone who holds a ticket will be admitted—the event WILL NOT BE OVERSOLD. We want every attendee to be able to sample the beers and ciders they desire and to move around the event freely, comfortably, and safely.
No one under 21 will be admitted. Only those 21+ with valid photo ID will be admitted. No exceptions. This includes designated drivers who must be 21+ to attend. Proper identification is the responsibility of the attendee. Failure to present proper, valid photo identification (driver’s license or passport) will result in denial of entry with no refund offered. For the safety of everyone at the festival, no infants, children, strollers, or pets will be allowed. Please plan accordingly. All ticket purchases are final sale, no refunds or exchanges.
For customer service help with your on-line ticket purchasing, please visit eventbrite.com/support/contact-us
All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.
Smile for the camera!
Look for our event photographer at the event and strike a pose. Check back here, at this website, and on the event’s Facebook page after the event to see if you are included in the event photo album. By purchasing a ticket and entering this event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images, for promotions, publicity or advertising purposes. You do this freely without any expectation of compensation. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and other applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organizer.
Gather your friends and family for the best holiday party of the season.
Ugly Sweater Contest
We’re bringing back the ever-popular, take no prisoners, ugly Christmas sweater competition. Go solo or compete as a group, bring those jingle bells front and center as you parade across the stage to gather cheers from fellow festival goers!
Holiday Inspired Beers
Visit the Christmas table to enjoy timed-releases of some of the world’s most popular holiday brews. A Christmas Ale or possibly a Ginerbread Stout? Stop by and see what Santa selected as a special treat for all the good boys and girls.
Meet & Greet with Santa
Tell Santa what you really want for Christmas. He’s making a list and checking it twice. Will you be getting coal or a cold one? Great photo op, get those hashtags ready!
And many more holiday-inspired surprises!
2019 Food Trucks
Some of Philly’s finest food trucks will be onsite selling a variety of food options for hungry event attendees. We’re selecting only the most sought-after and popular trucks to satisfy your appetite.
- WHEN IS THE EVENT? December 14th, 2019
- WHERE IS THE EVENT? The event is located at: The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center – Hall C. 100 Station Ave., Oaks, PA 19456
- WHAT TIME IS THE EVENT? Session 1: 12:30pm – 4:00pm; Session 2: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT TO GET INTO THE FESTIVAL? No one under the age of 21 will be allowed entrance in the festival! This includes designated drivers who must also be at least 21 years of age. NO children, toddlers, infants, strollers, or pets are permitted. No one will be admitted without a valid photo ID (no exceptions). Proper identification is the responsibility of the attendee. Failure to present proper, valid photo identification (driver’s license or passport) will result in denial of entry with no refund offered.
- HOW DO I BUY TICKETS FOR THE EVENT? Tickets are only available online at this website. Click here to purchase tickets.
- IF A BUY ONE TICKET, AM I ALLOWED TO GO TO BOTH SESSIONS? A ticket can only be used for the session purchased.
- WHAT DOES GENERAL ADMISSION INCLUDE? Your paid admission includes a tasting cup, unlimited beer and cider sampling and parking.
- WHAT DOES VIP ADMISSION INCLUDE? Click here to see all of the perks that come with being a VIP!
- WHAT IS THE ENTRANCE FEE FOR A DESIGNATED DRIVER? A designated driver (DD) ticket is $10.00. In lieu of a tasting glass, DD ticket holders will get a bottle of water. DDs are not permitted to sample any beer, wine or cider. Any designated driver who is seen drinking at the festival will be escorted out immediately.
- DO DESIGNATED DRIVERS NEED TO BE 21? YES. No one under 21 will be admitted to the festival. Designated Drivers, like everyone else must show valid photo ID before being allowed admitted into the festival.
- WILL FOOD BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE? Yes. Food will be available for sale from local food trucks. Food does not come with the price of admission.
- ARE CHILDREN OR PETS PERMITTED TO ATTEND? NO children, toddlers, infants, strollers or pets are permitted at the festival. If you come to the event with a child or pet your entry will be denied and no refund offered. Please plan accordingly. Individuals with disabilities may use service animals provided the handler has all necessary paperwork/tags for service animal.
- IS SMOKING PERMITTED AT THE FESTIVAL? Smoking will not be permitted inside the expo center. There will be a designated smoking area.
- ARE PRETZEL NECKLACES PERMITTED? Yes!
- IS THERE A COAT CHECK? Yes, there will be a coat check.
- HOW DO I GET TO THE FESTIVAL? Click here to visit the directions page.
- WILL PARKING BE AVAILABLE? Yes, there are over 5,000 parking spaces at the expo center and parking is free.
- WHAT HOTELS ARE IN THE AREA? Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
500 Cresson Boulevard
Oaks, PA 19456
Phone: (610) 650-0880
- I’M HAVING TROUBLE PRINTING MY TICKETS. WHAT DO I DO? FOR TICKET HOLDERS ONLY: For customer service help with your on-line ticket purchasing, please visit eventbrite.com/support/contact-us
- IS THE EVENT WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE? Yes.
- ARE PHOTOS TAKEN AT THIS EVENT? Yes, look out for our event photographer at the event and strike a pose. Check back here, at the event website, and/or on the event’s Facebook page for photos after the event to see if you are included in the event photo album. Some photos of attendees may be used for promotional purposes; as a ticketholder of the event, you grant us permission to do so and for your likeness to be used.
- WHAT ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED? Starfish Junction Productions is dedicated to the safety and security of ALL attendees, exhibitors, staffers, and guests. Please use common sense and remember that what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else. All attendees must adhere to show rules, are subject to search upon entering the event, and are prohibited from bringing in the following items:
· outside alcohol, glass bottles, cans, outside food/beverages, metal water bottles
· weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.), illegal drugs, chemicals, fireworks, smoke bombs
· unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes or vape pens) is prohibited in the venue/under tents. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
Infants/Children/Strollers…No one under 21 will be admitted. Valid photo ID is required for entry.
No pets are permitted at the event (unless they are service dogs with accredited tags/paperwork)
Event management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case by case basis. Depending on the item, the guest may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of the item, or may be ejected from the facility.
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center – Hall C
100 Station Avenue
Oaks, PA 19456
If you plan to use a GPS, please be aware that many GPS devices and mobile applications are not able to find the expo center by its physical address. If you have difficulty using your GPS to find the expo center, please use the address of 1601 Egypt Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460 (this address will take you to the Oaks Deli and Pizzeria from which you can follow signs to the expo center).
From Rt. 76 (Schuylkill Expressway):
Follow Rt. 76 west to King of Prussia. Exit to Rt. 202 South (West Chester). Stay in the right lane for Rt. 422 West (Pottstown). Exit Rt. 422 at Oaks and make left onto Egypt Rd. Make left at Station Ave. (third light). Follow signs for the Expo Center.
From PA Turnpike:
Exit at Valley Forge and stay to the right. Exit Rt. 202 South (West Chester). Stay in right lane for Rt. 422 West (Pottstown). Exit Rt. 422 at Oaks and make left onto Egypt Rd. Left at Station Ave. (third light). Follow signs for the Expo Center.
From Rt. 422:
Take Rt. 422 (depending what direction you are coming from) to the Oaks exit and make left onto Egypt Rd. Left at Station Ave. (third light). Follow signs for the Expo Center.
The SEPTA bus line 99 stops in the Expo Center parking lot. To plan your trip to the Expo Center using SEPTA, please use their trip planning tool here: SEPTA Trip Planner.
If you will be taking public transportation from the Main Amtrak/SEPTA hub at 30th Street Station in Center City, you can get to the Expo Center one of the following ways:
- You can take the Manayunk/Norristown Train to the Norristown Transportation Center, and pick up the 99 bus from there.
- You can take the 124 or 125 buses to where they intersect the 99 bus route and transfer.
38 million people choose to visit Philadelphia’s vibrant region each year – coming for history, art, food, music, festivals, nightlife, neighborhoods and more.
Although there are many places to stay nearby, we suggest the following to lodging options as they are the closest:
SPECIAL OFFER FOR ATTENDEES:
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
500 Cresson Blvd.
Phoenixville, PA 19460
A block of rooms has been reserved for festival attendees on Friday (12/13) and Saturday (12/14) at a discounted rate of $133 (plus applicable taxes/fees). This discounted rate will expire when all rooms in the block are sold or on November 13, 2019. Click here to check availability or to book your stay online. You can also call 610-650-0880 to make your reservation via phone – just let the agent know you are an attendee for the “Valley Forge Beer Fest.”
Hilton Homewood Suites
681 Shannondell Blvd.
Audubon, PA 19403
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
480 North Gulph Rd.
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
100 Cresson Blvd.
Phoenixville, PA 19460
- 21+ Only. Must show valid photo I.D. for admission.
- Don’t drink and drive! Take mass transit or designate a driver.
- Promotional photos and video will be taken at the event and you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- Drink responsibly, know your limits!
- This is a sampling event, 2oz. pours only!
- All attendees must be properly attired.
- We reserve the right to check all bags.
- No pets or children allowed.
- No outside glassware or food permitted.
- You get one souvenir glass for this event. Replacements $5.00 ea.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to remove any individual(s) from the festival for behaving inappropriately; you will be escorted out by security and not allowed back in!
- All exits are final. No alcohol permitted outside the event.
Thank you for your cooperation.