The 9th Annual Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival will be held on August 18th, 2018 on the Waterfront in National Harbor, MD. This event will showcase over 50 beer and wine samples as well as ALL YOU CAN EAT CRABS!
Everything you need to know about the event can be found below:
August 18, 2018
NATIONAL HARBOR, MD
(300 Waterfront Street – 20745)
Session 1: 11am-3pm & Session 2: 5pm-9pm
This is the 9th ANNUAL Maryland Tradition! The Festival is an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE extravaganza complete with over 65,000 crabs, lots of beer, arts & crafts, live music, family fun and so much more! Find out what over 37,000 people have come to enjoy.
- LOTS OF SUMMERTIME FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
- ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Over 50 beers and wines and a few spirits. All of your favorite craft beers and some great wines will be served to highlight the summer afternoon on-hand.
- ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE CRABS. Enjoy all the crabs you can handle during the four hours of the show. Our crabs vary in size and will be offered at 6 crabs at a time, per person.
- OTHER GREAT FOOD. There are Crabs and MORE CRABS and MORE CRABS and even MORE CRABS – but there will be other great food options as well available for purchase. There are no vegetarian options available. Unless outlined – all food is sold ala carte.
- BEER MUGS. Beers are served in our mug so you can sit and enjoy the day.
- ALA CARTE CRABS OPTION WILL BE SOLD 6 CRABS (1/2 dozen) AT A TIME PER PERSON FOR $35. (WHILE SUPPLIES LASTS)
- LIVE MUSIC. Enjoy fun summer sounds from area bands.
- THOUSANDS OF TABLES AND CHAIRS AND HUGE TENTS for crackin’ to your heart’s content. We’ve even ordered enough crab paper to stretch all the way across The Potomac and back.
All SHOW FEATURES are undercover- so Rain or Shine – you should be fine.
ALL CRABS ARE SEASONED
TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. DIFFERENT SESSIONS WILL SELL OUT AT DIFFERENT TIMES. THE BEST WAY TO GUARENTEE A TICKET IS TO BUY IT IN ADVANCE.
RESERVED PLATINUM TENT TICKET: $119 Advance: This option offers each guest an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE experience. Each guest will enjoy a souvenir mug and mallet; unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. This includes ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw, Potato Chips AND other specialty food items.* (Kids over the age of 4 must purchase a Reserved Platinum Tent Kids Crab Only Ticket.) Package purchasers will be guaranteed RESERVED tented tables in the PLATINUM TENT.
VIP CRAB & BEER TICKET: $89 Advance / $95 On-Site This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE experience. Each guest will enjoy a souvenir mug and mallet, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. In addition, this includes ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, and Cole Slaw and Potato Chips* Ticket purchasers are GUARANTEED communal seating under a tent.
BEER & 6 CRAB TICKET: $59 Advance / $65 On-Site This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE BEER experience PLUS 6 CRABS from our ALA-CARTE station. Each guest will enjoy a souvenir mug, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. Any food more than the included 6 crabs will be purchased ALA CARTE.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but some tables and seating are provided – some covered, some not. Seating is limited and first come, first serve.
BEER ONLY TICKET: $39 Advance Valid for EITHER SESSION – quantities are limited. This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE BEER experience. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. Any food will be purchased ALA CARTE.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but some limited seating is available first come, first serve.
DESIGNATED DRIVER / CRAB ONLY TICKET: $59 Advance This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE CRAB experience. Guests will enjoy ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips.* Ticket purchasers cannot enter the Platinum or VIP Crab & Beer Tents, but tables and seating are provided – some covered, some not. Seating is limited and first come, first serve.
RESERVED PLATINUM TENT KID’S CRAB ONLY TICKET (AGES 4– 20): $29 Advance This option offers guests ages 4 -20 an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw, Potato Chips AND other specialty food items.* Ticket purchasers will be guaranteed RESERVED tented tables in the PLATINUM TENT – Can only be purchased when in addition to an adult Reserved Platinum Tent Ticket.
KID’S CRAB ONLY TICKET (AGES 4– 20): $29 Advance /$35 OnsiteThis option offers guests ages 4 -20 an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE experience of Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips*. (Ticket purchasers with VIP ticket holders will be GUARANTEED communal seating under the Platinum or VIP Crab & Beer Tents.)
*Some exclusions may apply to VIP access
KIDS 3 AND UNDER ARE FREE!
*Crabs are offered 6 at a time, per person. Other food items will be served one portion at a time.
No ticket upgrades available onsite for Platinum.
*Advanced Ticket Sales will close the Friday before the event at noon. Tickets will be avaiable onsite while supplies last. Please be advised a service fee may be incurred on credit card transactions the day of the event.
*SALE DETAILS: Some events/tickets are not included in the sale. 2 for 1 tickets are 2 tickets for the price of 1 ticket. A limited amount of these tickets will be available for purchase. This price is off of the onsite ticket price (not the discounted sale/advance price). An option will appear on the ticket page that says “2 for 1” – You must select this specific option to get the offer. Once the 2 for 1 offer is gone some tickets will be sold at a discounted rate for a limited time. Sale prices are on NEW ticket orders only. Tickets are subject to taxes and fees. All tickets are final sale.
THE BELOW INFORMATION IS FROM 2017 – PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!
Main Stage Session 1 : Texas Chainsaw Horns
Main Stage Session 2: Earth Wind and Fire Tribute Band
*subject to change
TRAVEL & PARKING
UNDER THE COVER OF THE GRAND TENTS
300 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
National Harbor Circulator:
National Harbor’s newest mode of transportation circulates between the area’s hot spots, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Hours of Operation: 11am – 4am
- Downtown National Harbor
- Tanger Outlets
- MGM National Harbor
Cost: $5 for an all-day pass. Cash, credit card, and pre-purchased vouchers accepted.
Metro Bus (NH2):
Take the Metro to the Huntington Station and hop on the NH2 for a quick trip to National Harbor.
Metro Bus runs from 5am – 1am 7 days a week. Service operates every 30 minutes.
From Ronald Reagan National Airport: Follow signs to George Washington Parkway South (to Alexandria). Take GW Pkwy South toward Alexandria. Veer Right at the sign to Slaters Lane. Take a Right at the traffic light onto Slaters Lane. Follow signs to US Route 1 South and merge onto US Route 1 South (N. Henry Street). Proceed on Henry Street through Old Town Alexandria. Follows signs to I-95 N (Maryland). Veer Right at signs toward I-95. Veer Left toward I-95 (Baltimore/Maryland signs) and merge onto I-95 N /I-495 E (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop). Cross Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A.
From Washington Dulles International Airport: Follow Airport Exit signs. Take VA-267 East toward and follow signs to I-495 South toward Richmond. Take I-495 S (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop) toward Richmond. Continue on Capital Beltway, but merge with I-495 E/ I-95 N toward Baltimore. Cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A
From Washington, DC: Take I-295 South for approximately 5 ½ miles. Take Exit 1B.
From Maryland: Merge onto I-495 S / I-95 S (Capital Beltway – Inner Loop) toward Richmond.
Take Exit 2A to National Harbor.
From Virginia: Merge onto I-495 E/ I-95 N (Capital Beltway – Outer Loop) toward Baltimore.
Cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Take Exit 2A to National Harbor.
Alexandria – National Harbor Water Taxi:
Service provided daily between Alexandria in Virginia, the Gaylord National Hotel,
and the National Harbor in Maryland.
- Round trip
- Adult- $16
- Children (2-11) -$10
- Adult- $8
- Children- $5
Taxi length- 20-25 minutes
- It’s for a good cause! A portion of event proceeds go to Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation Visit: http://www.spiritofhopechildrensfoundation.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see fun event photos and get information in real time @DrinkEatRelax
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. YOU MUST PRINT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT! and a valid ID!
- Ask for half pours if you are unsure about a product – you can always go back for more.
- Sit in on at least one tasting theater seminar.
- Don’t go hungry! Our food vendors will be sure to have a variety of delicious food, and are ready to serve you.
- Visit the main stage in time for the contests – be ready to laugh and cheer real loud. Contests typically begin around 3pm but check the Schedule page for specific times.
- Events are rain or shine! All of our event features are under tents if the weather is rainy, but always a good idea to bring your rain boots if it’s going to be wet.
- Water is free and available at our rinsing stations. If you want a bottle of water, they are $2 and can be found at the Merchandise tent.
- Our event staff is here to help you! Please visit the show office on the day of the event if you have any questions.
- Alcohol Sampling. This is a sampling structured event. This means that you are given a tasting glass (if you purchased a tasting ticket) that will allow you to RESPONSIBLY enjoy all of the products featured at the show. These samples are all-you-care-to-taste from this sampling glass.
What to bring:
- Blankets & Chairs are welcomed and encouraged.
- Cash. Many of the vendors & food vendors will accept credit cards but to save yourself time and hassle, of having to track down an ATM if they do not, we recommend bringing cash.
- Valid ID. All guests entering will have their ID checked to verify that they are over the legal drinking age if they have purchased a tasting ticket
- Food & Drinks. Feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the day. All bags and coolers will be subject to search.
What NOT to bring:
- Please no umbrellas or tents
- No pets. Service dogs are welcome but must register in advance and onsite upon arrival with all proper documentation.
- No weapons. All bags are subject to search by our security team.
- No outside alcohol or illegal substances. All bags and coolers are subject to search by our security team.
- Re-Entry. You can come and go, just make sure you get your hand stamped at the exit!
- Last Call is 20 minutes till the end of the event. We stop pouring alcohol at 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Last but not least (although the most important tip on this list) Please Drink Responsibly!
If you enjoyed this, check out more posts from the Just Grubbin team here! Also make sure to listen to The Just Grubbin podcast to hear us go into further detail about this and to hear all of our random irreverent takes on food, drink and whatever else.